Part III – How has MS benefited us?
I mentioned in Part II that there were some side benefits to Chrysty having MS. Here are some of them in no particular order:
• We walk more slowly through crowds.
• The kids and I are more compassionate towards others.
• I’ve learned more patience with her, with myself and with God.
• Our kids have learned to care for someone, get the door, carry things, etc…
• I’m more productive. I focus more due to having more responsibilities.
• I can leave the undone work in the hands of the Lord.
• Ministry becomes a way of life because I can’t “work nonstop”.
• Slowing down allows margin in life.
• Slowing down allows us to hear God’s voice more clearly.
• We’re less prideful and accept help when it’s offered.
• We trust the Lord more and enjoy life day to day.
I’m sure there are many other ways we’ve benefited from Chrysty’s MS diagnosis and symptoms but these are a few that come to mind off the top of my head.
“Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.” I Peter 5:7 (NLT)
Any other side benefits you can think of to an unwanted medical diagnosis?
Note: This post was written circa 2011 and migrated over in 2017. ~ Steven Earp, 2018/11/12