Elevate Church Prayer Partners!
Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. Phil 1:3-5
Dear prayer supporters,
Thanks for praying for us as we launch Elevate Church. Things are really moving along now.
Here are some brief updates:
· Our website, still a work in progress, is up. If you’d like, check it out and give us some feedback for typos or anything else. www.elevatechurchokc.com There are samples of our music and my teaching there.
· Several guests from the Preview Service committed to being part of Elevate Church.
· Today, we enjoyed a worship time with our launch team. Between 75 and 85 attended, excitement is high.
· Billboards are now up, tens of thousands of mailers have hit homes in the area and we’re starting to get some feedback from people.
Please Pray for the following requests:
· Our strategy is to “launch large”. Because of this, we’ve intentionally put all our eggs into one basket with our time and finances. Our goal is to launch with a huge crowd. Rather than spending money on salaries, building leases, land or other expenses, we’ve invested our time and money into two major areas: a quality Sunday morning experience for kids and adults and marketing to get the word out.
Pray that our launch this Sunday is huge. We’ve worked non-stop for nine months for this goal. Pray for fruitful marketing and inviting efforts, good weather and prepared hearts and minds in attendance.
· Pray for our leaders this week as we prepare to launch weekly services.
· Pray for Elevate participants that they’ll invite friends and family.
How else can you help?
Most of you have been praying for us for months. In this time, I’ve never asked for anything but prayer. That is the most important source for us. Right now, I ask for some favors if the Lord leads you.
Here are some ways you could help us over the next seven days…
· Attend our launch service, this Sunday, 9/18/2011 at 11am at Hillsdale and help us fill the seats.
· Bring some other friends, family or supporters with you.
· Invite your Facebook friends to come to the event by clicking “invite friends” on our event page. http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=271000519592017
· Post the above link on your Facebook wall. Better yet, send a personal message recommending OKC friends or family that you have to come check us out.
· Volunteer some this week writing hand written notes to our prospect list.
· Hand out flyers door to door for us or post them around our area.
Let me know if you’re interested in any of the above! Our focus is getting people to come to the launch service. We’re praying for a huge harvest that can be the beginning of Elevate Church.
Consumed by the call,
Steven Earp, Pastor and Church Planter – Elevate Church
Youtube channel: StevenREarp
PS – It’s estimated that 80% of new church plants fail within the first five years. (By these studies, “success” is defined by a church that still exists in any form after five years.) We launch this week. Our strategy is to have a huge launch. We’re confident in our efforts and God’s leading for our strategy. However, with an 80% failure rate, can you see why we need your prayers? 🙂